Pretty rocks have long held a fascination for me. I share my home with an unnamed number of stones – big and small! They have been lovingly selected over the years and placed on special shelves and in places of prominence, where their mystery and deep quiet beauty can be seen and felt.
Do you know what it’s like to be inexplicably drawn to something? Some rocks just “feel right!” Geodes in particular are otherworldly in their beauty. I love the symbolism and hypnotizing complexity of the many layers.
Today, we’ll be painting/creating a geode shape on a dark background in Procreate. We’ll be using glitter, foil, sparkles, and alcohol ink with lots of squiggles and texture in a circular design.
Made using iPad Pro 2020 in the Procreate app with Apple Pencil, using brushes from my Amazing Alcohol Ink and Gold Rush brush sets. You are very welcome to follow the tutorial with any textured brushes you have.
Specific brushes used: –
- Gold Rush: Glitter Paint 2
- Amazing Alcohol Ink: XL Blended Stroke
- Amazing Alcohol Ink: Color Changing 4
- Amazing Alcohol Ink: Texture Inker 2
- Amazing Alcohol Ink: Color Changing 11
- Gold Rush: Cracked Foil
- Gold Rush: Stardust Cloud
- Amazing Alcohol Ink: Flat Inker
- Amazing Alcohol Ink: Circle Dropper
- Amazing Alcohol Ink: Ink Pool Edger
- Amazing Alcohol Ink: Pressure Inker
- Gold Rush: Foil Liner
- Gold Rush: Metallic Paint 1
- Amazing Alcohol Ink: Color Splatter
Canvas size: 6500 x 4000 pixels at 300 DPI.