In this art demo, I show how to paint loose florals with acrylic brushes in Procreate, based on a photo.
Made using iPad Pro 2020 in the Procreate app with Apple Pencil, using brushes from the Painterly brush set, but you are very welcome to follow the tutorial with any oil or acrylic brushes you have.
The Roses color palette is available to my subscribers for free – check for an email from me if you are already subscribed, or otherwise you can subscribe here to get access to my free resource library: https://alainajensen.com/free-brushes/
Specific brushes used: –
- Soft Streaky Palette Knife (mostly just this brush for everything)
- Impressionist Multistroke 2 (for the background)
- Flat Gesso (for smudging)
- Primed Canvas 1 (for background texture)
- Add Swirl Texture (erased onto flowers for texture buildup)
Canvas size: 20 x 16 inches at 300 DPI.